One thing I learned from life experiences (especially the YouTube journey), is that more people seem to connect with your struggles and sorrows. They feel your music stronger when they know you better. They pull for you harder after they know more of the story the Creator made for you.
Even though I was positive on the outside, many of my friends from YouTube would tell me of their struggles. I always kept mine to myself, not wanting to burden anyone else. When enough of my friends had told me of their hard times, it woke me up to how I needed to share mine. It was time to break my silence, and open up more about my life's story.
If you relate to Psalm 88, perhaps our Creator and Storyteller has given us a similar background.
WHEN THE WORLD WAS MADE FOR YOU
I've met a few good people who have experienced those moments when they felt "the world was made for them."
I once felt a moment like that at Charlotte Motor Speedway, but the underlying feeling was that a feeling like that weren't fair. It has to be for everyone. I believe we all take turns taking a knee, so to speak—that way, others can share their glory.
RISE AND SHINE
I believe that all of life has been planned—deer, ants, snakes, and friends in our paths. God even knows the words we'll speak before we speak them (Psalm 139).
From race wins and losses, which foods we'll eat, and the musical notes we'll play, I believe that all of life runs on a predestined course designed by the Creator. ("Our footsteps are ordered.")
Job Applications: If the storms in the sky are controlled, perhaps the storms in our minds are as well—otherwise known as "brainstorms."
As the most popular book throughout all human generations says, "God's Plan cannot be thwarted."
As long as I'm alive, I have what's called a "lease on life." When God has timed it, He takes back the lives He has given. No matter the music, racing, or writing God enables me to do, my personal accomplishments are nothing—I am not the One who created the earth, nor did I set the sky above it.
O LORD, the God who saves me, day and night I cry out before you.
May my prayer come before you; turn your ear to my cry.
For my soul is full of trouble and my life draws near the grave.
I am counted among those who go down to the pit; I am like a man without strength.
I am set apart with the dead, like the slain who lie in the grave, whom you remember no more, who are cut off from your care.
You have put me in the lowest pit, in the darkest depths.
Your wrath lies heavily upon me; you have overwhelmed me with all your waves. Selah.
You have taken from me my closest friends and have made me repulsive to them. I am confined and cannot escape;
my eyes are dim with grief. I call to you, O LORD, every day; I spread out my hands to you.
Do you show your wonders to the dead? Do those who are dead rise up and praise you? Selah.
Is your love declared in the grave, your faithfulness in destruction?
Are your wonders known in the place of darkness, or your righteous deeds in the land of oblivion?
But I cry to you for help, O LORD; in the morning my prayer comes before you.
Why, O LORD, do you reject me and hide your face from me?
From my youth I have been afflicted and close to death; I have suffered your terrors and am in despair.
Your wrath has swept over me; your terrors have destroyed me.
All day long they surround me like a flood; they have completely engulfed me.
You have taken my companions and loved ones from me; the darkness is my closest friend.
BLOGS, Stories, and Topics of Conversation
- SIM RACING
- SEAT TIME (STORY ONE, STORY TWO, AND STORY THREE)
- MY RECENT ROAD SIGN ERROR
- CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ATHLETES
- HOW EVERYTHING IS MEANT TO BE
- WHY DO WE DO WHAT WE DO?
- LETTER TO A FRIEND
- A DRIVER'S DRIVE TO WIN (MUSICAL REFERENCES INCLUDED)
- AN ODE TO ONE OF THREE SEVENS
- WHY DO I TALK ABOUT GOD SO MUCH?
- LAYING DOWN THE BURDENS (THROWBACK TO A SPECIAL DRIVER, DALE JR.)
- THE LOST DRIVER OF iRACING
- HEAVEN AND EARTH IN RACING (A KYLE BUSCH REFERENCE)
- BUBBA WALLACE
- POTENTIALLY WISE WORDS (MORE COUNTRY MUSIC)
- HOW YOU AND I MET
- THE CARBON FIBER SEAT
- JOLO'S REDEMPTION
- WHY I'M NOT POLITICAL
- IS THIS WHY NASCAR IS COMPETITIVE?
- THE MUSICAL POWER
- THE WORDS OF RACING
- MY TAKE ON FREE WILL AND CHOICE
- NASCAR CHARIOTS AND HORSEMEN
- WHAT'S IN A NAME? (WINNIE THE POOH REFERENCE)
- RACING IS ABOUT FEELING, NOT POINTS (2019 BLOG)
- LOOSE AND TIGHT (SPEAKING OF YOUR LIPS)
- CAUTIONS BREED CAUTIONS
- GOLF AND RACING
- THE BLUE #42
- KINGS, QUEENS, AND MIRACLES
- MURDER AND SUICIDE
- SHAKEN AND STIRRED, MY VISION IS BLURRED (TREVOR BAYNE REFERENCE)
- PROVERBS 30 (RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT)
- TONE (DALE JR.)
- A TRAINED DRIVER
- THE FINER THINGS (WHICH WE DON'T SEE)
- BEATING MY FELLOW SERVANTS (SPIRITUAL BLOG)
- THE YOU AND I IN NASCAR
- SIX FEET APART, FOR A JEALOUS GOD
- DIFFERENCE INDICATORS (SIX FEET UNDER)
- PLEASE REMAIN UNSEATED
- HOW I BECAME A THERAPIST
- YOU'LL BE THE THIRD
- NASCAR'S POWER TO INFLUENCE
- LET'S DO MORE (BEING CREATIVELY ORIGINAL)
- A LETTER TO DESCRIBE MY MUSICAL JOURNEY
- JACOB ISRAEL
- BLAME AND SHAME
- WE, THE PEOPLE
- MODERN-DAY CONCUBINES
- ERASING THE DATA
- MR. RICHARD CHILDRESS
- NAMES ARE MADE HERE
- HEARTS SET UPON UNJUST GAIN, AND MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME
- GOD'S SIGNS TO NASCAR
- JIMMIE JOHNSON
- 10 AND 2
- MY VISION FOR NASCAR
- SHOW ME THE FACTS
- DISHONORING MY PARENTS
- A HOUSE DIVIDED
- IF YA JUST WANNA TALK
- CRUELTY BEYOND MEASURE
- CONGRATS, 88
- ONE MORE FOR THE #88
- CLOSED EYES, CLOSED EARS
- A TRIBUTE TO THE MODERN-DAY MUSICAL MASTER
- NASCAR'S "WHAT WILL BE"
- MY SCRIPTURAL JOURNEY
- THE GREATEST ONLINE HATER
- A WINDOW HAS BEEN OPENED (ADDRESSING ALLEGATIONS ABOUT ME)
- IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS (SPIRITUALLY BOUND)
- GODS IN THE GARDEN (CELEBRITY PARADOX)
- IT HAS TO EXIST
- PACKING IT ON UP
- KNOWING AND NOT KNOWING
- A PROPER PERSPECTIVE
- LETTER FOR DALE
- WHY SUICIDE?
- LASTING EFFECTS FROM THE MENTAL HOSPITAL
- YOUR BLUEPRINT FOR LIFE
- HOW TO DESIGN A NASCAR PAINT SCHEME
- GUNNING FOR A SPOT
- WHEN YOU WISH IT WERE DONE
- NASCAR IN BIBLICAL PROPHECY
- ADDRESSING THE ROOT
- IF I COULD...
- YOU WOULD NEVER WANT TO SEE...
- RACING THOUGHTS
- MY MOM'S MISTAKES (NEVER DO THIS TO YOUR CHILDREN)
- MR. DONALD TRUMP
- REPRESENTATION (WEARING THE LABELS)
- AHEAD OF TIME
- A 40-MILE WALK
- THE END
- APOLOGIES TO JIMMIE JOHNSON
- A USED INSTRUMENT
- ACTIONS DETRIMENTAL TO HUMANITY (A NEW INVOCATION)
- OPEN LETTER TO DOMINO'S
- WIFE BUILDING
- EVERY PENNY SHOULD BE PAID
- THE DRIVING FOCUS
- TREATMENT IS THE DIFFERENCE (MY DAD'S DYING DAYS)
- A POEM
- NASCAR: PSYCHOLOGY
- YOU CAN'T FAST-FORWARD LIFE
- McDOWELL CLIMBS THE MOUNTAIN
- EXPLAINING WHAT I NEVER COULD
- IF JESUS WERE A NASCAR DRIVER
- FROM FAST TO SLOW